birthdays....

it's the season.

mom's was sept 7th.

dad's is tomorrow (10/26) along with his fraternal twin bro of course... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! since i know he actually does read this....

here we are at my step-sister karen's wedding in january...


mark's is in a week....(best get shopping. hope to find the perfect gift...)
his present will be obama pulling it out 2 days after his birthday as a gift...help us all...

and my candles get blown out is in 3 weeks. all 35 of them. how the hell did that happen?? but i took this online quiz recently and apparently my 'true' age is 18. hmmmmm, is that a good thing?? physically, yo, i'll take it!! emotionally or mentally? i know i'm much more 35 than 18...

anwyay, related to my b-day...

so tonight i found these online. told dh about them...but it's not a suprise when you find your *own* presents ;) so i can dream...



to me these are part biker chick and part totally practical and would be well worn with jeans or waitressing in my black duds for those times when i just can't wear the kickin' cowboy boots....and a few of my peeps are super fans of clogs...long live dansko!!

birthdays are fun. great times to get friends together. time to drink. and the best old fashioned gift? besides seeing your favorite people, to me, it's birthday cards in the *actual* mail. those colorful envelopes might be enough. the handwritten signature. a small handwritten message. that have NOTHING to do with email or typing or any of that.

it's the one time a year (okay at christmas i'm a big fan of photo cards too) i much prefer snail mail. heck ride a pony to get it to me. if i can see your actual signature, hoo-ray! (i mean if you really think about it, how many of you would be able to recognize a good friend's actual handwriting if a sample was given?) a little sad to me. but ironic i guess since i can't 'handwrite a blog entry ;) yet. goodness knows what will happen 5 or 10 years from now...

OMG. a blog post without ONE SINGLE WORD about my sporty past-time. :) it's the off season :) though i did do 7 miles today. but just to retain some sort of routine....

so again, happy birthday Dad. i'll talk to you tomorrow....your loving daughter ~jmd

5 comments:

David said...
October 26, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Hmmm...those shoes, you want more tattoos...you're starting to scare me. I'm envisioning a pack of cigs rolled up in your shirt sleeve next, perhaps a pierced nose, a sudden interest in Gwar....

Heather said...
October 27, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Happy Birthday! And I like the skull and cross bones shoes . . . too bad Saucony doesn't make a style like that!

~K said...
October 28, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Hey! Your mom and my mom have the same birthday. How cool is that?

Sam Mitchell said...
October 29, 2008 at 6:27 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Back to Home Back to Top just one more mile.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.