Thing 9....Google reigns supreme..


Thing 9.....collaborative tools. well, as has been mentioned in some of my other posts, I'm a Google fan 98% of the time. (ps this has been in the corner of my brain for a while now. for those who might be offended or annoyed by my lackadaisical use of lowercase letters and lack of capitalization, my deepest apologies....yes, i know when i *should* capitalize words. typing is faster without the shift key very often.....)

okay so Google Docs was easier for me to play with, and after initially thinking Zoho was a decent site, the fact that that Thing wasn't able to display in a format other than slideshow, I was kind of disappointed in it. Sorry Zoho. no hard feelings...but there was one person i wanted to actually give the recipe to in that exercise and it failed. Grrrr.

I went to try and edit the Google docs version of the Declaration of Independance and my Gmail address wasn't valid. "click here to validate this address"....okee dokee.....so here i am expecting immediate gratification with a return email and thinking i'm golden. (as that's usually how things like that work)

but silly me. it's friday night, about 10pm (for those who might surmise i lead an exciting life, LOL) ~ and apparently even the Google folks are out at the bars enjoying a night out while i do oh so exciting library work and enjoy an *actual* night off..... plus I'm starting to read this author's new title and very happy about diving into a book with more than 32 pages and no pictures in it in my hands for the first time in a quite a while~ that said, please don't ask me for at least a few weeks what I thought of it. I'm a slow reader. Really. Kind of embarrassingly so. For a few reasons. and it *is* training season now for running with two half marathons upcoming....plus work, chores and all of those other fun aspects of life...

Google still wins. Zoho, kinda clutzy. Lots going on on the page. and again, yet another think to log into or join in order to work on a "Thing" for this list of homework. And a girl can change her mind from one Thing to another. ;)

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top just one more mile.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.