happiness is...



charles schulz said it was the puppy (had that book as a kid; i think i still do somewhere on my bookshelf...) but to me it's....

*starting your day off with the first 5 kids in the door at work being 'regulars'.

seth.

gracie.

nissa.

madison.

hailey mae.

i do love my work. i do love that i can get to know these kids and that even from a really young age (less than 18 months), they can learn to know me. an almost 6 ft tall girl who tells them stories and sings songs to em. some of these kiddos i've seen come in to my libray for the past 3-5 years. some since they were only itty bitties and are now talking walking toddlers. and it's funny. i know the kids names. the mom's? not often....it's only 'nissa's mom'. but that works for them...

happiness is also:
*running with my favorite confidants, coaches and friends, on an exceedingly hot day, and ending with running through sprinklers :) like i was a small child again (if anyone can actually picture me being small!

*raspberries. fresh from the bushes. one huge bonus for july's heat is fresh raspberries...

*one of my favorite country classics (dolly) is singing in the new Target tv spot...

*big water. soon. i need my nature time.

*but first 2 races next week. a 1 mile (for grandma's next year) and a 5K the next evening.

*full moon golden in the sky at 9pm when i'm movin' the sprinkler so my dahlias and tomatoes can grow....

hope you all have some kind of happiness goin on in your lives...big or small... ~jd

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top just one more mile.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.