before Thing 3, let's talk music...

so what's on your iPod or MP3?

i'm a country fan. YES REALLY.
stop giving me grief people before i can even defend myself.
because i just won't. it seems to be the one genre of music that most folks just don't care for and the one that seems to come with some weird sense of 'you like country?' and to give my dad a little credit, i made fun of his 'music sounding like the songs were all written on the back of a horse' back in my youth often. The Statler Bros were his main group of choice. And i hated it. at the time....

BUT. that said.

I have so many different genres on the iPod. (esp for running purposes) Guns N Roses? check. Celine Dion? check. 2 Unlimited? check. Madonna? (Lots of her) check. Alabama? check. Cirque du Soleil? check. Rachmaninov? or Enya? (not for running clearly!!) check. the Goo Goo Dolls? Snow Patrol? Creed? Brad Paisely? Martina McBride? Def Leppard? Brandy Carlisle? Amy Winehouse? The Rose Ensemble? A Fine Frenzy? check it all. Even NPR podcasts like Wait Wait Don't Tell me (all hail Paula and Mo!!!) and Car Talk with Click and Clack. They get me through some serious miles either on long road trips or running. All in one little 3" box that I can listen to for hours. Now that's technology that this girl has taken to quite fondly....

so i haven't gone through the whole 23 things list in the past 18 hours, but if there's something on there about learning more about downloading things to an iPod or other MP3 models i'm sure i'll talk about that more when I get to that thing #.....for now it's me trying to still be good and not update the 4 year old white iPod I have that works just fine, but isn't nearly as cool or lightweight as the ittybitty Nano......that also can keep track of running related data in my laptop with a little help from Nike. too cool i tell you.....and soooooo tempting.....

2 comments:

Carolnb said...
February 15, 2008 at 8:28 AM

There's nothing wrong with country music. As BM sang "I was country, when country wasn't cool".

Library Guy said...
February 15, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Nothing better than classic country, JD. In fact, I wish I was a cowboy.

Back to Home Back to Top just one more mile.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.