Thing 2....

well this is all new to me still. I have to admit diving into the L2.0 reading is making me feel like all of a sudden I'm back in grad school....but I do believe libraries promote 'lifelong learning' and hence, here I go into this big L2 world.

sad as it is to admit, I'm an internet junkie.....they've done reports on local newscasts about 'online addiction'. I don't think I need an intervention, per se, but do I use the internet more than a total of 6 or 8 hours a day? yes. Do I have an actual 'outside' life as well? yes, I'm happy to say I do. Running is my savior these days. It pushes me physically, mentally, and gets me out of the chair while giving my eyes much more of a world to see than on a 14" screen...

I get not only my mail and correspondence from the web (impt since all of my family is out of state and many friends too), but most of my local and national news, weather, that type of thing (okay eBay too ;) are common hits for me. I do still believe in print materials. To me there will never be a 'replacement' for a good ol' fashioned Sunday paper and coffee time... Taking a book on vacation or in the car will never be 'replaced' by the internet. Reading actual pieces of paper will always be part of life, and esp my life.

But has the internet changed life as we know it? Well of course, and it will continue to morph and change life in techno ways as years go on. My goal, both personally and professionally, is to try and keep myself up in this Techno-Savvy World...so hopefully these 23 things will help walk a mid-3os chica through the wilds of Cyberspace and I can learn as I complete each step.

Now if only L2 could figure out a way to have me post/search/blog while the house got cleaned at the same time ;)


1 comments:

Ann W. said...
February 13, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Yes, I LOVE your penguin. Where do you keep him? And what are you doing in Russia? And very nice slid-show, it makes me want to travel. Sigh. Your blog is just lovely, well done!

Back to Home Back to Top just one more mile.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.