my 5 things of the weekend...

water, fire, earth, air & adventures.... LOTS of photos in Flickr. Sara, this esp means you....if you need help finding it, let me know...

In a nutshell, here are the firsts....
*first dogsled ride. so very winter-esque on a gorgeous sunny 30 degree day!
*first stay in cabin #5 at Andersons Resort in Grand Marais.
*first times out with my new showshoes
*first time getting stuck on a road 2 miles back from anywhere or anybody in deep snow:(
*first time hitchiking. the guy was very nice. i was not worried. (seriously who's gonna mess with a 6 foot tall redhead? ;)
*first time being rescued....all was well. thank goodness it was warm outside. things would have been way worse had it been arctic weather...
*taught David how to text message on his phone to his housesitting friends...
*by far the first time i had an assignment to take pictures of a doll on vacation with me :)

back to work. back to Thing whatever it is I'm on. 5 or 6 technically I think. Thanks for an amazing weekend, DS. Same time next year~ Hope all the librarians out there are well and learning oodles from 23 Things. I expect you to help me catch up if I have questions....;)

3 comments:

Monica Stratton said...
February 26, 2008 at 3:36 PM

Hey Jennifer, loved the photos, esp. the dogs, but ... uh ... what's up with that doll??? I'm sure there's a story behind it ...

~jd said...
February 26, 2008 at 4:28 PM

The doll is Divina. She was given to me by my friend Sara as Divina goes on vacation with all of Sara's friends who are willing to document her travels :) She just might end up in Italy in June...

David said...
March 2, 2008 at 7:58 AM

Jennifer….
Thanks for a totally amazing weekend. You’re the best friend a guy could ever have. Absolutely loved Duluth, the dog sledding (my favorite part), the snowshoeing at dusk on the Gunflint…and even getting stuck for 3 hours and flagging down help was an adventure!
But next time, can we please leave the doll at home? Please?

Back to Home Back to Top just one more mile.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.