fading fast....




a lot of things.

my tan (or a little pinkness is more like it for this girl)...

the warmth i felt in hawaii. vs here in the minnesota cold...

but mostly my awakeness....i'm dropping pretty quick. i landed at 5:15 this morning and have slept about 2 hours total in the past 24 hours. so bed time calls damn soon...

dad is supposed to email me a few more pics from race day on his camera, but dad doesn't read facebook like the rest of the friends, so here's the blog entry about the trip.

Gram was great! She's sharp as a tack for almost 80, and in great health. Very awesome!

the trip was wonderful...warm, sunny (except for 2 days of hearing and smelling rain that was actually quite welcome) and i recharged all of the right auras and batteries i needed to.

so time for some pics. i have no idea if or when i'll be able to go back, so i do count my blessings i was able to experience the past 10 days with both Gram (and dad).

oh, and a few race details for my runnin' folk...

i figured i'd run the half in just about 2.5 hours.

my finish time? 2:28. i know myself pretty dang well...

i also met a fellow twin citian on my flights over and he finished in a great marathon time even garnering an award in his age group! but to have anyone from my hometown practically end up in a race 4000 miles away? kinda cool...it's a small small world...

Gram asked if I'd wear a special chain in my race that Grandpa always wore til the end of his life 4 years ago, and of course i didn't say no.

So Gramps ran a half marathon with me. something i know he never did ;)


after the race on the 25th, we got to see much of the island...
*the road to hana

*paia and makawao (2 very cool towns upcountry)

*big & little beaches near makena
*maui oceanfront aquarium
*lahaina
*ioa valley state park

*waianapanapa state park

*lots of beach time near the condo and humpback whales on a daily basis in the bay viewable from the balcony of condo-sweet-condo


mahalo dad, for coming over for my race, and for taking some pictures too! so now, here's my feets walking into the sunset of this post...

1 comments:

Carolnb said...
February 3, 2009 at 12:19 PM

The photos make me want to hop on a plane.

Back to Home Back to Top just one more mile.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.