play first, then work.

so these will list this second, not first, but such is life...

it's thursday night and i'm still making my way through the DVR of Oscars....

because i was not around last weekend...I was up on the shore with David for our annual 'yes, sometimes boys and girls can actually be friends without weirdness' weekend....this was our 3rd trip, and we're already looking forward to next year with maybe a few more folks ~

here's a few shots...







we adventured into the winter like true minnesotans and had a blast...it was a gorgeous wonderland of white....

next year i want to know how to cross country ski...and snowshoe more...it's good to have goals.

we found an awesome set of trails to try out in a year...

work is still moving full steam ahead on the huge move and relocation for the next year...

mark's hugely busy as of late hanging out with the Brits who are in town for a concert with the Rose Ensemble this weekend. Today we got about 7 inches or so of fresh snow, and they are in Superior, WI tonight singing with Voces 8 in a spectacular church.

Grandma's Marathon training starts in two days. This has lead to a lot of schedule changes for me. A few of my phenomenal colleagues have gone out of their way to help my goal of becoming a marathoner come true by trading nights and weekends with me for the next 4 months...and i will gladly repay their kindness any way i can...

One of my latest changes hurts my heart some, in that I meant only to do good by starting a 3rd job, and had planned to leave the long standing wait job, but it just didn't play out that way. I'm not making as much at the lil cafe in Mpls as I do in White Bear Lake...so today I had to call my friend and boss, Gail and give her my notice. Which truly bummed us both out.

I know in my next life I won't be so damned attached to everything on earth as much as I tend to get. My passion for so much really leads to my downfall sometimes...

Anyway, is this post really still going on?? time to close...

If anyone sees spring, Minnesota is really ready for that season any time. Seriously. ~jd

1 comments:

MissAllycat said...
February 26, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Operation Spring? FAIL. This is Mother Nature's way of saying SUCK IT. Hopefully paths will be clear by Saturday...

Back to Home Back to Top just one more mile.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.