if you could come back as anything?


what would it be?

i do believe in life after death. none of us are immortal. even superheroes. they all find their end.

i took time to walk today (yes, i really do take breaks from running; running too much leads to injuries) and noticed all of the birds are totally in spring tunage; the male goldfinches are turning bright yellow and the ice around some of the lakeshores is finally retreating. Silver maples are full of red berry looking buds (that my dog loves to eat, weirdo!), grass in areas of warmer lawns is just barely turning green, and the smell of earth and rain was a welcome scent this afternoon when the weather was wacky between sun & showers.

I set to clean some house today and found Ellie sound asleep in a ball on the bed. And then I knew...

When I come back, it's gonna hopefully be as a house cat who is given love every day, never has to go to work, or experience life's ups and downs. How peaceful could that be? Oh, and for my coworkers, who might have read the April Fool's Buzz today, I really *AM NOT* going on vacation this month. Boy, what kind of reputation have I created?? I think I'm afraid... ~jd

PS if you're in the market to adopt a pet, click Ellie's pic. It'll take you to a fabulous place..

1 comments:

Library Guy said...
April 5, 2008 at 6:13 AM

Nice post, JD. I also was able to spend some time outside yesterday... The smell of Earth (and dirt) is the best! I am sure Ellie has her ups and downs. They are just different than yours. I bet she is quite down when you go on all of those vacations! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Oh, and Superman will never die!

Back to Home Back to Top just one more mile.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.