Thing 15 ~ Gaming


okay, like I need another thing to get me sucked into web-land more than I already am.....so this means Gaming is one of the last things JD needs to have in her life. I'm already immersed with blogging, reading news, sharing photos, email, IM and working with the public via computer based info searching during my day job. That said, I generally perused Puzzle Pirates, and Second Life, but I didn't go all crazy and look at them in depth. Partially because of time and partially because virtual reality or role playing games just aren't my thing. I do realize, however, that they are lots of other peoples thing...I can see how Second Life would be very appealing to teens who might not really know their 'place' in the world yet, and feel like they can be their true selves in some virtual land. A place where they won't be judged by others....while they find their way along in this big game of life.....heck I don't think I really found myself til about age 30. In some ways, I'm still figuring it out in varying degrees...growing, learning, trying new things...
PLA offered a few sessions on Gaming, none of which I attended due to other sessions that interested me a bit more, but I realize that Gaming is it's own entity in the world of web offerings. And a HUGE entity at that. Our branch library is on track to undergo a major transformation next year into 2010 and I will work with our Computer Services team of folks to help design a gaming/computing specific area just for teens, as the teen population makes up a great majority of Gamers out there. Right now we do not have seperate teen computers. I look forward to the day when we do, where teens can game to their hearts content and be welcomed into a public library setting of their own...
I will admit here that a colleague of mine did mention something to me the other day about a zoo game. So after the ever-popular Google search, I found this and that sucked me in for a lovely 20 or so minutes before I had to force myself to quit playing....a self intervention if you will. Finding my inner strength. All that good stuff ... Peace and happy gaming to you all..~jd

2 comments:

Lynn W. said...
April 1, 2008 at 6:56 PM

I find games like Zoo Keeper at www.2flashgames.com. Is that where you found it?

~jd said...
April 1, 2008 at 8:42 PM

yep, that would be it....:) what are the odds? you say one zoo game, and i find *that* one. Too funny~

Back to Home Back to Top just one more mile.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.