Thing 21 ~ another day, another new account....


View my page on 23 Things on a Stick

Well, I joined Ning, one of the 3 choices given in Thing 21. The finish line is so close, but yet so far at this moment....I'm hoping this badge attaches correctly. HTML still makes me a little nervous as I'm really not sure what I'm doing...it's a lot of trial and error....and asking techie friends for help ;)

It might be shameless to admit, but I really will unlikely use Ning much after this 23 Things is completed. And come on folks, you (those 23 Things folks) just got me mildly addicted to Facebook ~ I really really don't need to be online any more than I already am....

As for social networking sites outside of MySpace and Facebook, I am part of just a few others. Greytalk.com is, as it sounds, a networking site for all folks into greyhounds. I don't use it as often as I used to, but it's handy for medical reference, fun photos, and there are some *seriously* devoted owners on it. I have a different screen name on that site as I thought that was the thing to do 3 or 4 years ago when I signed up....you didn't use your 'real' name, you made one up...

The other site I use regularly, and unsurprisingly, is a beginner's discussion group on RunnersWorld.com. Any questions/training/topics running related are here, and the folks who post are super knowledgeable and my type of running people...of varying ages, paces, levels, etc. some are even local, which is kinda cool. I'm known by yet another alias on this board of discussions..

The end is near. I feel like the closing credits are about to scroll and I swear there's some kind of denouement score cueing up as a soundtrack...actually if I had a soundtrack to pick for this entire 23 Things process, it would SO be this..... which I do in fact have on my iPod and was a fantabulously done documentary...peace...~jd

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top just one more mile.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.